A couple items that are highly underrated and essential:
- Ibuprofen / cough drops – you will get sick, esp when sharing a room
- Broom & dust pan – you’ll eventually get tired of dirt and want to clean. Think about that scene in Finding Nemo and you get the idea.
- At least one nice outfit – something you need to wear when you present your “collegial findings”
- At least one “nice” outfit – to impress your crush at a party, or something
- A warm coat – depending on where your college is located, this is one thing that is well worth spending $$ on.
- Coffee maker / instant coffee – you wouldn’t realize it, but when it comes to exams or studying you’re gonna need some kind of hit to keep focused
- Calendar / planner – whether traditional or hi-tech, just keep your deadlines organized from the start to set you up for success down the road.
Happy studying and good luck!